Following preliminary auditions on November 7 and 8, twenty finalists have been chosen to perform at the Arnold SportsWorld EXPO for Kids & Teens on Saturday, March 5. Seven of the acts moving forward (and eight performers) are Westerville City Schools students:
- Maria Dalanno (Genoa Middle School), singer;
- Sarah Parton (Westerville Central High School) and Morgan Davis (Heritage Middle School), dance duet;
- Leah Hall (Westerville South High School), acoustic guitar, cello, singer;
- Madeline McMahon (Westerville Central High School), guitar and singer;
- Trinity Madison (McVay Elementary School), jazz routine;
- Cory Conkel (Westerville Central), banjo player; and
- Emma Best (Westerville North High School), tap dance.
The top 20 will perform from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at the Arnold SportsWorld EXPO for Kids & Teens in the Bricker Building at the Ohio Expo Center before an esteemed panel of judges, who will announce the best act at the festival. Awards include a $2,500 scholarship, an iPad, lunch with Arnold Schwarzenegger and more. Arnold himself will present the awards.
The Columbus Children’s Theatre partnered with the Arnold Sports Festival to coordinate this contest and find the most talented performers.