The Westerville City School District (WCSD) Magnet Program offers students in grades 1-5 an alternative to the traditional delivery of content through the lenses of Math and Science, The Arts, and World Cultures.
Only students who are enrolled in WCSD by March 13, 2020, will be eligible for the lottery that determines Magnet Program admission for the 2020-21 academic year. Enrollment in Westerville City Schools is processed at the district’s Enrollment Center, located in Suite 3200 of the OhioHealth Medical Building, 300 Polaris Parkway, Westerville. Details about the process to enroll in the district are available at www.wcsoh.org/enroll or by calling 614-797-7700.
Emerson Elementary hosts the World Cultures Program, while Hanby Elementary hosts the Arts Program and the Math/Science Program. Questions regarding the Math/Science or the Arts programs may be directed to Hanby Principal Megan Forman-McCaulla at 614-797-7100 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the World Cultures program may be directed to Emerson Principal Chris Poynter at 614-797-7080 or email@example.com.
Important dates and deadlines for the Magnet Program application process follow:
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020: Application available online and at all elementary buildings;
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020: Magnet Fair and Open House at Emerson (5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.) and Hanby (6 p.m. -7 p.m.);
- Friday, March 13, 2020: Application process closes at midnight;
- Friday, April 3, 2020: Invitation Letter mailed home;
- Friday, April 10, 2020: Acceptance of Invitation due.
Families unable to attend the Magnet Fair and Open Houses can obtain additional information online at https://www.westerville.k12.oh.us/magnet.