At the Westerville City Schools Board of Education meeting on October 30, 11 exemplary employees will receive A+ Awards:
- Amanda Anderson, teacher, Annehurst Elementary School;
- Karen Gabay, executive assistant to the superintendent, Enrollment Center Services;
- Kim Glaser, teacher, Mark Twain Elementary School;
- Guerdie Glass, director of special education, Westerville City School District;
- Kim Mollohan, athletic secretary/ theater director, Westerville North High School;
- Chelsie Poncinie, paraprofessional, Hawthorne Elementary School;
- Sean Ring, teacher/head baseball coach, Westerville North High School;
- Shelly Seabury, teacher, Mark Twain Elementary School;
- Brian Shanks, teacher, Huber Ridge Elementary School;
- Lisa Smith, speech language pathologist, Westerville South High School; and
- Gina Wisman, instructional aide, Genoa Middle School.
A+ Awards honor outstanding school employees whose actions demonstrate:
- Support of the district’s Mission Statement, which is “To prepare students to contribute to the competitive and changing world in which we live;”
- Willingness to go above and beyond normal expectations in support of students; and
- Behavior consistent with one or more of the district’s values, including respect, inclusiveness, community, communication, collaboration, innovation, nurturing, trust and accountability.