At the Westerville City Schools Board of Education meeting on Monday, April 10, nine exemplary employees will receive A+ Awards:
- Mary Jane McDonough, kindergarten teacher, Huber Ridge;
- Dr. Tonya Salisbury, academic coach, Annehurst;
- Anne Bates, teacher, Heritage;
- Bill Heinmiller, International Baccalaureate coordinator, South;
- Kathryn Feucht, intervention specialist, South;
- Bill Schmidt, crossing guard, Heritage and Robert Frost;
- Lexi Alza, intervention specialist, Pointview;
- Betsy Eldridge, paraprofessional/aide, Early Learning Center Preschool; and
- Wesley Elifritz, athletic director, North.
A+ Awards honor outstanding school employees whose actions demonstrate:
- Support of the district’s Mission Statement, which is “To prepare students to contribute to the competitive and changing world in which we live;”
- Willingness to go above and beyond normal expectations in support of students; and
- Behavior consistent with one or more of the district’s values, including respect, inclusiveness, community, communication, collaboration, innovation, nurturing, trust and accountability.