On-Level 8th Grade U.S. History (U.S. Studies from 1492 to 1877: Exploration through Reconstruction)
View Events/Assignments for
Below is a representation of some subjects & themes explored in class.
Students & parents can access classwork details from our Schoology page.
Additionally, students & parents can keep current with class activities via Remind.
Pre-America Review: Native Americans, European Exploration, & Columbian Exchange
Colony Development (emphasis British)
Road to Revolution & Independence
- 18th Century Life in the British Colonies
- Causes of the American Revolution & Independent Thinking
- The Revolutionary War
- George Washington’s America
- Constitution Development (+ document study)
- Precedents, Trans-Appalachian Expansion, and the War of 1812
- 19th Century Life in America
- Manifest Destiny
- Andrew Jackson & the new American politics
- The Cause
- The Civil War
- The Phases and the Amendments
- New Emancipated Citizens - Progress and Setbacks
- Mrs. T's Google Site
Similar to this WCS website, my Google site is an overview of what is covered in class. Please use Schoology and Remind for in-depth and up-to-date information.