8th Grade Advanced U.S. History (U.S. Studies from 1492 to 1877: Exploration through Reconstruction)
View Events/Assignments for
Below is a representation of some subjects & themes explored in class.
Students & parents can access classwork details from our Schoology page.
Additionally, students & parents can keep current with class activities via Remind.
- Pre-Columbian Indigenous Americans
- European Exploration & Columbian Exchange
- Colony Development (emphasis British)
Road to Revolution & Independence
- French & Indian War
- 18th Century Life in the British Colonies
- Causes of the American Revolution & Independent Thinking
- The Revolutionary War
- George Washington’s America
- Constitution Development (+ document study)
- Precedents, Trans-Appalachian Expansion, and the War of 1812
- 19th Century Life in America
- Manifest Destiny
- Andrew Jackson & the new American politics
- Mexican-American War and Sectionalism
- The Cause
- The Civil War
- The Phases
- The Amendments
- New Emancipated Citizens - Progress and Setbacks
- Getting Class Information
Please use Schoology and Remind for in-depth and up-to-date information.
- How to sign up for Remind notifications
3 different ways:
- If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to the following link: rmd.at/ Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
- If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications. Text the message @ to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @ to (720) 924-4114. * Standard text message rates apply
- Don’t have a mobile phone? Go to rmd.at/ on a desktop computer to sign up for email notifications
- Mrs. T's Google Site
Similar to this WCS website, my Google site is an overview of what is covered in class. Please use Schoology and Remind for in-depth and up-to-date information.