Pupils in the Design Path learn more about kitchen options in the Dave Fox Design Studio.
Thirty-four Westerville students from all three high schools attended Career Discovery Day at Dave Fox Design|Build Remodelers on October 22. This career exploration experience was developed in partnership with NARI, Delaware Area Career Center, and Westerville City Schools.
Career Discovery Day presented two paths for student career exploration. Each area offered demonstrations and interactive lessons lead by skilled professionals from the Dave Fox Design|Build Remodelers team. As part of the Construction Path, students learned:
- Basics of Setting Kitchen Cabinets
- Installing Crown Molding
- Hanging Interior Doors and Trim
- Basics of Plumbing
Students interested in the Design Path learned:
- Product Spotlight and Demonstration
- Planning, Measuring and Design Guidelines
- CAD: Computer Aided Design Software
Students interested in learning more about careers in design and construction can do so by enrolling in exciting high school courses and programs including:
- Engineering Pathway courses offered at each Westerville High School
- Construction and Engineering Technology Programs at Columbus Career Centers
- Construction Technology and Digital Design at Delaware Area Career Center
For more information about career center programming that begins a student's junior year, visit http://www.westerville.k12.oh.us/administrativeDepartment.aspx?aid=154.