Be sure to answer all questions completely. Applications and supplemental materials are to be returned to Guidance by 3pm on 1/11/19.
Students must return a copy of the application and all supporting documents for each scholarship they want to be considered. These Community Scholarships are intended for students who are planning to pursue post-secondary options for FALL 2019.
Please read carefully. If materials are missing from your packet it will NOT be considered. You must submit one completed set of materials for each scholarship that you wish to be considered. It is your responsibility to make these copies. Your set of materials must be stapled in the upper left corner and submitted in the following order. DO NOT use plastic covers, binders, folders, envelopes, etc.
FOR EACH SCHOLARSHIP YOU MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover Sheet (View template)
- Community Scholarship Application (View application) (Instruction 2 below)
- Resume (Instruction 3 below)
- Letter of Recommendation (Instruction 4 below)
- Optional Information (Instruction 5 below)
- Required Vocational Essay (Instruction 6 below)
- Required Supplemental Materials (Instruction 7 below)
- Unofficial Transcript (Instruction 8 below)
INSTRUCTION 1: Cover Sheet (View template) - Required
- Must include name, phone number, E-mail address, student ID # and name of scholarship applying to and must sign Provision Statement.
INSTRUCTION 2: Community Scholarship Application (View application)- Required
- A copy of the Community Scholarship Application is required for each scholarship that you wish to be considered.
INSTRUCTION 3: Resume - Required
Use any format. The Guidance office does NOT keep a record of previous awards, honors, etc. Resume MUST include the following:
- Scholastic honors received or earned
- Other honors received or earned (community, church, scouts, athletics, etc.)
- Clubs and organizations you have belonged to, the number of years you belonged, and positions of leadership, if any (school, community, church, etc.)
- Part-time work and/or community volunteer experience you have done during the past three years (include employer, position, length of employment, and hours worked or volunteered)
INSTRUCTION 4: One Letter of Recommendation - Required
- Please provide one letter of recommendation from a teacher, administrator or non-relative unless otherwise specified within the criteria listing. Guidance counselors will NOT provide recommendations for scholarships.
INSTRUCTION 5: Optional Information
- It is permissible to include a letter of explanation of any special circumstances, such as academic obstacles overcome or financial or family changes which you would like the committee to know.
INSTRUCTION 6: Vocational Essay - Required
Note: All students must complete the following essay in addition to all other requirements.
- Please attach a typewritten, double-spaced essay (300-500 words) stating why you have chosen to pursue your proposed occupation or vocation, what your present adult goals and objectives are, what you feel are your personal assets and strengths, and why you feel you are deserving of a scholarship to continue your education.
INSTRUCTION 7: Required Supplemental Materials
- See 2018-2019 Community Scholarship Listing for any additional required materials (if applicable).
INSTRUCTION 8: Unofficial Transcript - Required
- Upon completion of Instructions 1 - 7, students are asked to bring their scholarship packets to Guidance where they will receive the appropriate number of Unofficial Transcripts and Testing Pages to attach to their Application packets. Students will IMMEDIATELY submit these completed packets to Guidance. NOTE: To avoid a long last minute wait, make every attempt to complete Instructions 1 - 7 promptly.