Angie Goff, Secretary
2021-2022 Magnet Application Available February 16 at 9AM!
Westerville City Schools offers a limited Magnet Program in the district that provides an alternative to the traditional delivery of content through the lenses of Math and Science, The Arts, and World Cultures.
Students enrolled in Westerville City Schools are eligible to participate in the Magnet program and their selection to the program is determined by a lottery process. Students must complete enrollment in Westerville City Schools with an Enrollment Specialist no later than March 12 to be eligible for the lottery.
Please review the following information carefully.
Magnet Program Options
- The Magnet Program consists of three options: Math/Science, World Cultures, and Arts.
Magnet Program Locations
- Emerson Elementary hosts the World Cultures program, while Hanby Elementary hosts the Arts program and the Math/Science program.
- Questions regarding the Math/Science Magnet Program or the Arts Magnet Program at Hanby please call Principal MeganRose Forman at 614.797.7100 or email her at email@example.com.
- Questions regarding the World Cultures Magnet Program at Emerson please call Principal Chris Poynter at 614.797.7080 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magnet Program Applications and Lottery
- Parents will have the option to complete an online application for the 2021-2022 school year.
Magnet Program Timeline for 2021 Lottery
- Tuesday, February 16 - Application available online at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 3 - Virtual Magnet Fair and Open House
- Hanby, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Emerson, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 12 - Application Deadline is midnight. New students must complete enrollment with an Enrollment Specialist.
- Friday, March 26 - Invitation Letter mailed home
- Friday, April 9 - Acceptance of Invitation due