The Westerville City School District (WCSD) has arranged a special “Tips for the College-Bound” webinar for families who have students with an IEP or a 504 plan. However, program content will be beneficial for all families with students at those grade levels.
This webinar, made possible by a grant awarded to the Westerville City Schools Transition Team, covers a wide range of ideas for parents and students to consider on their journey to college and beyond. Beth Probst, founder and CEO of At The Core, will discuss practical, invaluable tips that will help any family plan effectively, such as:
- Tips for students with an IEP or 504 plan;
- Preparing for the ACT/SAT exams;
- What students should consider when choosing high school courses;
- The application process, what colleges look for in their applicants, and choosing a major;
- What families can be doing now to prepare;
- College money considerations (e.g., costs, scholarships);
- And so much more!
Students are encouraged to join their parents and guardians for this event as everyone will gain important information that they can put to use immediately. Participants will leave the session with the knowledge and confidence they're looking for to take those all-important next steps. We hope to see everyone online during one of the following sessions:
April 22 6:30-8pm - webinar sign up
April 23 6:30-8pm - webinar sign up
If you have questions about this event, please contact the transition coordinator at your home high school:
Sarah Painter, Westerville North
Missy Ewing, Westerville Central
Jay Smith, Westerville South