At the Westerville City Schools Board of Education meeting on Monday, October 24, nine exemplary employees will receive A+ Awards:
- Amy Farris, media specialist, Central;
- Michelle Lowe, 2nd grade teacher, Cherrington;
- Brenda McDonald, study hall monitor, Genoa;
- Bob Neal, custodian, Huber Ridge;
- Becky Nitz, assistant manager of Transportation;
- Chris Poynter, ESL teacher, Hawthorne;
- Rachel Schultz, MD primary intervention specialist, McVay;
- Emily Winship, 6th grade math teacher, Blendon; and
- Mary Zarley, secretary, Longfellow.
A+ Awards honor outstanding school employees whose actions demonstrate:
- Support of the district’s Mission Statement, which is “To prepare students to contribute to the competitive and changing world in which we live;”
- Willingness to go above and beyond normal expectations in support of students; and
- Behavior consistent with one or more of the district’s values, including respect, inclusiveness, community, communication, collaboration, innovation, nurturing, trust and accountability.