The Bette Marschall Memorial Education Fund of The Columbus Foundation has announced the recipients of 10 grant awards totaling $3,136 to Westerville City Schools personnel for applications submitted this spring. Recipients are:
- $500 to Juls Rathje, art teacher at Hanby and Emerson elementary schools, to provide workshops for students with artist Eric Marlow.
- $491 to Jordan Hall, teacher at Annehurst Elementary, to purchase books for use in teaching social-emotional skills to students.
- $295 to Aislynn Valentine, teacher at Westerville South High School, to cover costs associated with an AP Environmental Science trip to Battelle Darby Creek Metro Park.
- $500 to Jeffrey Miltko, teacher at Emerson Elementary, to help purchase the Mindful Music Moments program.
- $500 to Erin Moehl, teacher at Westerville Central High School, to purchase a subscription to online tool Albert, to help her AP Spanish students prepare for their exam.
- $350 to Mary L. Fuchs, teacher at Westerville South High School, to purchase a license for SNOsites, so that The Scribe (school newspaper) can become and online publication.
- $500 to Jean Trimble, Library Media Specialist at Walnut Springs Middle School, to help bring illustrator Bryan Collier as part of Walnut Springs’ Black History Month Celebration.