As Westerville City School District officials look ahead to state testing this spring, on certain dates the three Westerville high schools will be following a modified transportation schedule due to the late start. This schedule also will impact those riders who purchase breakfast at school. Information is being shared now to provide enough time for families to plan accordingly.
Below are the test days Westerville will have a late start in our high schools, as well as the specific grade level or subject areas being assessed. Note that elementary and middle school students will still report at their usual times.
- Tuesday, March 20 – ACT administered to all students in graduation cohort 2019 (juniors)
- Monday, April 16 (single bus run at normal time) – English I and English II
- Tuesday, April 17 (single bus run at normal time) – Geometry and Algebra I
- Wednesday, April 18 – American Government and American History
- Thursday, April 19 – Biology
- On March 20, April 18, and April 19, high school students not testing who ride the bus to school have an opportunity to be picked up approximately three hours later than their typical time. Ohio law requires children to be waiting at the bus stop prior to its arrival, so students should plan to be at their stop at least five minutes prior to the adjusted pick-up time.
Because high school students who ride the bus will arrive at school later than usual on these dates, they will not have the opportunity to purchase breakfast from the cafeteria. This is because they will be eating lunch shortly after the bus drops them off.