Students attending Westerville City Schools, in grades 1 - 5, will begin classes on Thursday, August 18. Elementary schools in the district will provide an opportunity for each family to learn of their child’s teacher/class placement for the 2016-2017.
This year the Westerville City School District will begin collecting Emergency Medical and Parent Permission forms through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. All forms should be completed online, including the Emergency Medical Form, the Student Code of Conduct, the Publicity Consent Form, and the Walking Field Trip form. Parents and guardians of returning students should have already created a PowerSchool Parent Portal account to access student information. Please contact your school office if you have forgotten your login information or if you have a student new to the district and have not yet created your account.
School fees are not due until October 2016. Payment can be made by EZPay, check, cash or money order.
Elementary school supply lists for the 2016-2017 school year are now available on the Westerville Schools website. These can be accessed from a link on the district’s home page as well as from each school’s home page. Go to www.wcsoh.org/backtoschool for details.
- Alcott Elementary Back-to-School Days will take place on August 11 from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. A School Walk-Through is scheduled for August 17 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation/Curriculum Night will also be held on August 17 from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for grades 1-5 is slated for August 24 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. (1st grade, 6:30 p.m.; 2nd grade, 6:00 p.m.; 3rd grade, 7:00 p.m.; 4th grade, 5:00 p.m.; and 5th grade, 5:30 p.m.).
- Annehurst Back to School days are Tuesday, August 9 from noon - 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.; and Wednesday, August 10 from 9:00 a.m. - noon. Meet the Teacher (School Walk Through) is August 17 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for parents of students in grades K - 2 is August 31 from 6:30 - 7:45 p.m. Curriculum Night for parents of students in grades 3 - 5 is September 1 from 6:30 - 7:45 p.m.
- Cherrington Elementary welcomes new and returning families to Back to School Days on August 10 from 9:00 a.m. - noon; and from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. During these times fees may be paid, class assignments will be given, and lunch money can be added to accounts. Families can learn about school activities and opportunities for the upcoming year. A school walk through will take place August 17 from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. and the PTA will host a snow cone social. On September 1, an Open House will take place for the entire school from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
- Emerson World Languages & Cultures Magnet School schedule pick up will be held on August 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Emerson families are invited to walk through the building and meet the teachers on August 17 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Emerson’s Curriculum Night will be held on August 25 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Please note that 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade Curriculum Night will be from 6:00 - 6:45 p.m.; and 4th and 5th grade Curriculum Night will take place from 7:00 p.m. -7:45 p.m.) There will be plenty of parking available on the playground. Students and families are also invited to attend the Emerson PTA Back to School Social which will be held from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. on September 9.
- Fouse Elementary School will hold Back to School Day on August 9 from 10:00 a.m. - noon and 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Invoices for school fees will be sent late September with collection of fees taking place at that time. Kindergarten Parent Night will take place at 6:30 p.m. on August 16. On August 17 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. families are invited to walk through the building, drop off supplies, and meet teachers. During this time the Fouse PTO will be on hand to share ways in which parents and volunteers can be involved with school, starting at 2:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. Curriculum Night for grades 1 and 3 is August 23 at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum night for grades 2, 4 and 5 will take place at 6:30 p.m. on August 30.
- Robert Frost Elementary School will hold Back to School Days on Tuesday, August 9. On that day, families may come anytime between 10:00-noon or 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. to learn their child(ren) assigned teacher(s) and receive information about the coming school year. School supplies will also be sold on August 9. Frost families are invited to walk through the building and meet teachers on August 17 anytime between 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation and Curriculum Night will take place at 6:00 p.m. on August 16. Curriculum night for parents of students in grades 1 - 5 will all be held on August 23: 1st grade at 5:00 p.m.; 2nd grade at 5:30 p.m.; 3rd grade at 6:00 p.m.; 4th grade at 6:30 p.m.; and 5thgrade at 7:00 p.m.
- Hanby Magnet Elementary School will host Back to School Days on Thursday, August 11 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.; and Friday, August 12, from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. At this time students will learn their classroom assignments. Computers available in order for online lunch applications to be completed. PTA representatives will also be present with information about the upcoming school year. Meet the Teacher day will be held on Wednesday, August 17 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Curriculum night will take place for all parents on August 24: grades 1 - 3 will begin at 5:30 p.m. and grades 4 and 5 will start at 7:00 p.m. The PTA will host a Back to School Picnic at Metzger Park on September 1 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Hawthorne Elementary Back to School Day will take place on August 8 from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Back to School Day will allow parents to find out who their child’s teacher will be. Hawthorne’s Meet the Teacher event will be held on August 17 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum nights for Hawthorne will be from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. on September 1 for grades 3, 4, 5; and September 6 for grades K, 1, 2.
- Huber Ridge Elementary School will hold one Back to School Day on Tuesday, August 9 from 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. On Wednesday, August 17, from 2:30- 3:30 p.m., families are invited to attend Huber Ridge’s Meet the Teacher Event, during which time students and parents can drop-off supplies, meet their teacher, and see their classroom. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will also take place on Wednesday, August 17, at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for all grades K-5 will be held on Wednesday, August 31 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Longfellow will once again be home to All Day Kindergarten classrooms. Back to School Days will take place on Tuesday, August 9 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Parents need to bring their students to one of the three Gentle Start days on August 18, 19 or 22 from 9:30 to 2:30 p.m. Letters with the assigned Gentle Start date as well as additional details were mailed the week of July 29. The official first day of Kindergarten is August 23. Curriculum night is September 1.
- McVay Elementary will host its “Back to School Days” on Tuesday, August 9 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. and Wednesday, August 10 from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. During this time, parents will learn their child’s classroom assignment. Parents are asked to return their Back to School materials on one of these dates. A “Meet the Teacher Open House” will be held on Wednesday, August 17 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Kindergarten Parent Orientation will take place on Tuesday, August 16 at 6:30 p.m. Curriculum Night for grades 1-3 will be held on Monday, August 29 and on Wednesday, August 31 for grades 4 and 5 from 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Pointview Elementary Back to School Days will take place on August 9 from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. During this time, parents will learn their child’s classroom assignment. Open House will be held on August 17 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. This is a great time for families to come and meet their child’s teacher, take a sneak peek at the classrooms and drop off school supplies. Curriculum Night for grades K-5 will be held on August 30 with two identical sessions at 6:00 - 6:45 p.m., and 7:00 - 7:45 p.m. Families may attend either session or both times if they have multiple students attending Pointview.
- Mark Twain Elementary Back to School Days will take place on ?Thursday, August ?11 from 5:00 - 7:00 ?p?.m.; and ?Friday?, August ?12 from ?9?:00 - ?11?:00 ?a?.m. Meet the Teacher Open House will be held on ?Wednesday?, August 1?7? for grades K-5 from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Curriculum Night is scheduled on Wednesday, August 24 from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. for Kindergarten and grades 1-2 ; from 6:05 - 7:05 p.m. for ?Kindergarten and grades 3-5. The annual PTA Family Picnic will be held on Thursday, September 1.
- Whittier’s Back to School registration is planned for August 9 from 10:00 - noon and 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Meet the teacher Open House will be held on Wednesday, August 17 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. The PTA will open the school store during the walk-through. Kindergarten orientation will take place from 6:00-7:00 p.m. on August 16. Curriculum Night will be held September 8 for grades K-5 from 6:00 - 7:00 and 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Grade level teachers will present the same information during both sessions.
- Back-to-School at Wilder Elementary will take place on Monday, August 15, from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. “Meet the Teacher” is Wednesday, August 17 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Please bring school supplies. Grades 3 - 5 can purchase classroom planners at this time for $3.00 (checks can be made out to the Wilder PTA). Curriculum Nights are Thursday, August 25 for grades 3, 4, and 5, from 6:00 -7:30 p.m.; and Tuesday, August 30 for grades kindergarten, 1, and 2 from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.