Each year the Westerville City Schools Transportation Department bestows a “Ferdie Award” to honor the Bus Driver of the Year. Please consider nominating your favorite driver. Characteristics that will be considered include:
- Going above and beyond the call of duty;
- Providing gold standard levels of service;
- Completing routes in a timely manner;
- Performing unconditional acts of kindness; and
- Displaying genuine care and concern for children.
Applications can be found on the District’s website, www.wcsoh.org. Deadline for submissions is July 1. The award will be given in August at the start of the new school year.
In other news, the Transportation Department is seeking new bus drivers. To apply, please call 614/797-5962 or stop by 125 East Walnut Street and fill out an application. Training is provided.