Daniel Hager, a sixth grade pupil at Walnut Springs Middle School, is one of the finalists in the “Arnold Kids Got Talent” competition.
The Columbus Children’s Theatre is partnering with the Arnold Sports Festival to find the most talented performers in town. After preliminary auditions, the Top 20 acts were invited to compete at the Arnold Kids Expo at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 7, for an esteemed panel of judges who will announce the best act in the city. The event will be hosted by Chris Kirkpatrick of NSYNC. The first place winner will receive a $2,500 scholarship and will appear with Arnold Schwarzenegger in a commercial for Ricart Automotive Group. Five of the finalists announced include students in the Westerville City School District. They are:
- Olivia Bushong (Westerville Central High School), dance;
- Madeline McMahon (Fort Hayes/Westerville Central), singing/guitar;
- Mattie Cotter (Blendon Middle School), Joe Vice (Cherrington Elementary), Gavin Conley (Fouse Elementary), and Ethan Adkins (Centerburg), dance team;
- Daniel Hager (Walnut Springs), piano; and
- Cory Conkel (Westerville Central), banjo.