A seminar called “College Bound Students with an IEP” will take place for parents, students and staff from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. on Thursday evening, November 6, in the second floor media center at Hilliard Davidson High School. Hilliard Davidson is located at 5100 Davidson Road in Hilliard. It is co-sponsored by the following high school transition programs: Dublin, Hilliard, Westerville, Worthington, Upper Arlington, and Grandview Heights.
Questions to be addressed include:
- Will I have someone to help me in college?
- Do I need to take my IEP to college? Is there a college IEP?
- Will my professors be notified about my disability?
- Can I have extended time on tests like in high school?
- Can I take open book/open note tests? Can I have reduced assignments?
- What do I need to do now?
- How are college and high school different?
For further information, please contact Missy Ewing, Westerville Central, EwingM@wcsoh.org; Sarah Painter, Westerville North, PainterS@wcsoh.org; or Jay Smith, Westerville South, SmithJa@wcsoh.org.