Front row (l to r): Jodi Dixon, Amy Van Sickle, Susan Pennell and April Thomas. Back row: Scott Delligatti, Jill Fogel, Sandy Bundesen, Sandy Jones and John Sands.
At the Westerville City Schools Board of Education meeting on Monday, April 13, nine exemplary employees received A+ Awards:
- Sandy Bundesen, first grade teacher, McVay Elementary School;
- Jill Fogel, intervention specialist, Whittier Elementary School;
- Jodi Dixon, clerk, Emerson Magnet School;
- April Thomas, secretary, Emerson Magnet School;
- Amy Van Sickle, guidance counselor, Walnut Springs Middle School;
- John Sands, seventh grade history teacher, Blendon Middle School;
- Scott Delligatti, science teacher, Genoa Middle School;
- Sandy Jones, clerk, Huber Ridge Elementary School; and
- Susan Pennell, Food Service, Westerville South High School.
A+ Awards honor outstanding school employees whose actions demonstrate:
- Support of the district’s Mission Statement, which is “To prepare students to contribute to the competitive and changing world in which we live;”
- Willingness to go above and beyond normal expectations in support of students; and
- Behavior consistent with one or more of the district’s values, including respect, inclusiveness, community, communication, collaboration, innovation, nurturing, trust and accountability.